Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What a week

Hey family!

What another great week to be a missionary. I love it. This week we did really well. We have been focusing a lot on the standards of excellence in the mission, and we achieved a lot of them this week. We even passed the amount of lessons, and the amount of 'news'!! We have been working hard! And we have been blessed for it. 

Elder Harries is a boss. He is a super hard worker, and we are taking out the trash together. We are super stoked for our fechas, Omar and Coni who attended church this week ¡EJALÉ! They will be baptized on the 1st of November. They have to wait until after the get married which will happen on the 24th of October. They are super prepared! They are such good people. I love them. We are also trying to work with the rest of their family because they live in a house with 11 other people, but the majority don't want much do do with us. However we have been able to share with the mom and sister of Coni. Also, for the other families we are working with, we have Danny e Ingrid. They are awesome as well, but they were out of town so they didn't attend church. And as for the family Morales Gonzalez, (Claudio, Clara, Emilio...) They are doing well too. This week Emilio came to church, and said he enjoyed it, especially being with the youth. Keep praying for these families please. They are all so awesome. 

Anyway, All is well here in Villa Sur II , ¨LO VALLEDOR¨  

Love,
Elder Kennedy

What Ian's companion, Elder Harries wrote about him: "Elder Kenedy is great! He is the District Leader for our district. He speaks the language very well and is friendly! We get along very well. Our personalities are both relatively mild so we haven´t had the least bit of contention this week. As a trainer, it is his responsiblity to take the lead in everything we do, however he is extremely good at including me and asking for my opinions. There hasn´t been a time in which I have sugested something that he completely shut me down. Usually we end up doing what I suggest--he´s just chill about everything haha. He is from San Diego, California and is the youngest of five siblings. He has about 6 months remaining in the mission, which means that we will most likely be together for 6 months here in Villa Sur II. At least that is what he thinks.

The pension we have is pretty average. It is just the two of us together. We have warm showers which is a nice addition. The shower floor doubles as the bathroom floor, and the drain smells and doesn´t drain quickly, but besides that we are several levels above camping:) The electricity goes out whenever you use more than two appliances, but it hasnt really been too bad of a problem. I can´t complain at all though, it is much nicer than most of the homes in which I have been.

Elder Kenedy and I are both new to our sector (white-wash), so our first few days were slow. We also weren´t able to leave the pension at all on Thursday, because aparently the 11 of Sept is a dangerous holiday here. Last year they burnt micros(buses) and crazy stuff like that. We had a lot of fun just the two of us in a 20 by 20 foot space haha. But besides that we have seen some great progess. We have been doing a lot of contacting in our mile by mile (if that) area. I pretty much know my way around. 

We found 5 new investigators this week, and taught 18 lessons. This is an ok week according to mission standards, but we were white washed and in the middle of transfers so we should see some more progress next week. We are one of four missions in the world that is on Pilot Plan. Basically it is a simplified mission work system that helps with reactivation. It seems to have had a lot of success here."


 Elder Stout, myself, Pres Barreiros, Sis Barreiros, Elder Perugorria, Brother Lizardo (ward mision leader) and Elder Goates. This was when President came to speak in our ward.

 Waiting for my Greeny. 

Just met my new "son"



 Sis Barreiros, me, Elder Harries, Pres Barreiros.  

My kitchen 

Mine and my companion's bedroom 

 My bathroom

 The street I live on. (It's actually one of the nicer streets).


 This is our Zone and we are here in Villa Sur II




No comments:

Post a Comment