Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Well, i'm training again!

Hello lovely family!

Well the change flew to its end this week and I got taken out of my Sector in Villa Sur 1. But the good news is they didn't send me too far. I am now in Villa Sur 2. I'm still the district leader here, but now I'm doing a white wash (when both elders in the sector are new) in my own ward. They took Elder Goates and Elder Perugorria out and put me there. And... the craziest part is i'm training!! I'm super stoked for that because training is the best. I don't know who it is yet, (I go pick him up at 5 p.m. today). But I know he is a gringo. This group of "news" that are coming in are all gringos, not one from another country. CRAZY. So i'm stoked for that. It'll be awesome training again. 

My last companion, Elder Stout is also training in Villa Sur 1. But, for now i'm on divisions with Elder Chuquel from Brasil. He's waiting for his "son" too and then he will go to his sector in Peña Flor. He's super awesome. We are over in my half of the ward right now. I don't really have too much to tell jaja but that's pretty much it. Im just waiting to get my new son and bring him back here to OCHAGAVÍA. It will be super awesome. I know we are going to take out the trash this change. #greenypower.

I Love being a missionary and I love this work! Lately I have been studying a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is amazing how much there is to learn about it. It is definitely something you all should study because when we truly understand the Atonement, we really get to know our Saviour more. 
What I have noticed is that by studying the Atonement, and understanding it better (and I still definitely don't understand it fully) I can feel its power more in my life. 

I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father, who sent His Son for us. I know that the only way we can return to the presence of our Heavenly Father is through Jesus Christ and his Atonement. Study the Atonement! Even if you think you understand it, study it more! We can never learn enough, nor draw too close to our Saviour.

Abrazo,

Elder Ian Kennedy 

No comments:

Post a Comment