Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, September 15, 2014

Villa Sur 2

Wow! 

Villa Sur has never seen the likes of such power! I've got my boy, Elder Harries, here with me in Villa Sur 2. And we are white-washing. He is 18 and from Atlanta Georgia. He is a total boss! He is awesome, and works really hard. It's super awesome because he doesn't have that usual "greeny fear" of talking to the people, he just goes for it. 

So yeah, it doesn't look like i'm going to ever get the chance to be a Zone Leader haha because I'm a trainer again. But I'm so stoked. Training is my favorite. Honestly, I'm pretty sure this is my last companion. I'll probably be with him until I die. Only 3 changes left.

Can you believe all the new missionaries in this group are from the USA? So yeah, because I stayed in the same ward (i'm just in Villa Sur 2 now, instead of Villa Sur 1) i'm now in my 5th sector, but my 4th ward! Gah, the mission is so awesome! 

We have already seen so many miracles in our one week together. We have found a ton of "news" in this sector already. Yesterday we found a golden family. and we have high hopes for them: Claudio, Clara, Emilio, Claudio jr. and Fernanda. They are super awesome and we found them contacting. We took a corner and we saw a big yellow house, and my companion said, "That house looks inviting" so we went and contacted it. They let us in immediately. PRAY FOR THEM! They are awesome!!

It's pretty weird doing a white wash in the same ward, because I know the members on this side, I just don't know my way to their houses. But the sector is pretty small. It's a little more than half the size of Villa Sur 1, so I'm already pretty familiar with it. This part of the sector is known as Lo Valledor. It's the poorer/more Flaite side of the ward... it's pretty crazy haha. But we are definitely having a lot of success, especially for a white wash. The Lord really is blessing us down here in OCHAGAVÍA!!!!! President Barreiros said a while back, "El Milagro Empieza en Ochagavía." (The miracle starts in Ochagavía.) I can definitely testify of that. This Zone has seen so many miracles, and it really has inspired miracles all over the mission. I'm so glad to be here. It's such a blessing to be here training in the best zone of the best mission. 

Con mucho amor,

Elder Ian Kennedy

VILLA SUR! The front two are the ones that Elder Harries and I replaced in the other sector.(Elder Goates y Elder Perugorria)

 Elder Harries (my son) and I with President and Sister Barreiros.

No comments:

Post a Comment