Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 18th

My Family!

The mission is going great. I love being here in Villa Sur. Elder Harries is so awesome. He is super Obedient, and loves to work. A dream come true!  We have been working so hard, I love it. He took no time at all to adjust to the life, he speaks spanish really well, and has no fear at all to talk to everyone. It's so awesome. 

Well this past week was the 18 de Septiembre. So there were lots of parties, lots of drunks, and lots of asados. There was a pretty cool ward activity in the church too. Some of the ward members danced "La Cueca" (the chilean nacional dance) and lots of other classic chilean folkloric dances. Also what made it cool was that a couple of street musicians (the kind that play on street corners and on the busses and metros and stuff) came in and the bishop gave them permission to play music in the party. It was awesome. They played a bunch of classic chilean songs.

As far as the work, it is progressing very well, thanks to the awesomeness of my powerful companion Elder Harries. There was a challenge in the zone to find 10 'news' this week and we were one of only three companionships to reach that goal. We found lots of new investigators to teach, and lots of really good ones. Lots of good potencial baptisms there. 

I'm so happy to be here in Chile as a missionary. It really is the most awesome thing to be doing. I love my mission, and I love this work. 

I realized I was getting old at the beginning of this change when I started training and realized that I have the same amount of time left that my first trainer had when he started training me. Haha I used to think how old he was haha. It's so crazy how fast it goes. But i'm still here living every second to the fullest and am always grateful. 

Love you all!
Elder Ian James Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment