Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Conference Week!

My favorite family!

Wow General Conference was amazing. As always, we watched all the sessions in the Stake Center, and we watched them all in english. Although, when the Spanish speakers spoke we changed the channel to the spanish one so we didn't have to hear his message through a translator. I learned so much in this Conference. It's such a blessing we have to be able to listen to modern day Prophets with such ease. 

The work is going well. We are always looking for people to teach, and we are finding many. We are also working very hard with the investigators we have- Claudio, Clara, y Emilio. As well as Omar y Coni. We are super happy for Omar and Coni who are progressing very much. They are reading the Book of Mormon everyday and really study to make sure they understand everything. They are going to get married on the 24 de Octubre and baptized the following week. They have received answers that what we are teaching is true, and are anxious to learn more. Touching story- when we asked her about her experience with praying she said her answer came in a dream in which she was looking around a dark room and saw Elder Harries and I. She said when she saw us we were glowing white, and opened a door in the room that was even more bright. It was so awesome. The spirit was so strong when she told us that. Keep praying for them. They are so awesome. I know they will get baptized, and can already see them going to the temple to get sealed. 

I love being a missionary. It is the best thing I have ever done in my life. 


Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment