Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, October 20, 2014

The new transfer begins

Family, 

Today was changes, but there were no changes made here in Villa Sur. However, they did take a companionship out of my district. I'm pretty ok with it though because now I only have to do 4 divisions instead of 6. But other than that no serious changes were made. 

Our investigators are progressing super well. This Friday is the wedding for Omar and Coni who will be getting baptized next week! They are so awesome. We are so happy for them. We also put three more fechas with other investigators we have: Irene, Gabriela, and Margarita. It's a family of 6 but the others weren't there for the last lesson. Also Claudio, Clara, and Emilio are progressing super well. Especially Emilio who goes to all the Young Men activities. He even attended Seminary once. But they just have a couple things to take care of before baptism. 

The less actives we are bringing back are doing super well. Patricio Zapata finally got a new job which gives him Sunday's off so he can attend church with his family who has been coming for about a month now. We are super happy about that. We also just found a part member family. The wife is a member but hasn't gone to church for over 25 years, (since she was 16) and her husband and children aren't members. The familia Burgos and they own a Gas company called Willy Gas. We are going to re-activate and baptize the family, and the missionaries are gonna get free gas forever!! NAWWWW ... But we will be trying to help them. haha. 

But mainly we are just exited to start a new transfer and get to work. 

News of the mission: Last month we had the most baptisms in the whole area, and the highest attendance to church. (6,000) Thanks Plan Piloto. The new goal for church attendence in the mission is 7,000. We are getting that for sure. 

Love you all,
  

Elder Ian Kennedy

P.S. Say Hi to Eric for me when you see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment