Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Miracle investigators

Hey guys, 

We had a really solid week. We found a great way to find new investigators which is really a no brainer jaja, but we have been doing contacts outside of the church building and offering tours of the church. We have had a ton of success with that. We found two families and three other investigators. It really was a miracle that we found them, because the ward boundaries changed because The Barrancas ward was struggling because it needed more priesthood and members. So the boundaries of Barrancas expanded and literally took half of our sector. In the change we lost 8 investigators in total and two of them had a baptism date. We also lost the Bishop, his councilors, our Ward Mission leader, and the Young Mens President, and 9 members of our retention, or recent converts. We actually don't have a bishop called yet. We are under direct control of the stake until they call one jaja. So the fact that we found so many new investigators really was a miracle. 

I love it here in San Antonio. I feel like Im just getting started here, but it is very likely that I am leaving this change. I feel like I still have so much to do here and I don't want to leave quite yet. But I know the Lord knows where I can serve best. So I will go where he wants me to go. Anyway, everything is going great here on the coast. I love the mission. I love the people here in Chile and I know that the Lord loves and blesses His missionaries. 

Elder Ian J. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment