Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

All in a days work

Hey Fam,

Chile is Bakan. My first Chilean Independence day went well. The ward activity was super cool. There were activities, dancing (which we didn’t do) and tons of food. Like we predicted, most of our investigators went out of town. We did a ton of contacting jaja, we found a few good people, and we hope to see them progress. What else crazy happened?? Oh yea! The four of us Elders in this ward along with some other members built a house for a member here haha. The place we built it was in the spot where her old house was that got destroyed by an earthquake. Super sketchy project. It looked like we went back in time to WW2 and a bomb went off in this building because there were chunks of concrete everywhere and all the walls were destroyed. We had to pass all the materials up and over a part of the house because they were too big to go through the door. Super cool and the house turned out well. 

Today we had a multi-zone activity with the Zone from Talagante. We all went to the beach in Quisco. This was the first time that another zone in this mission had permission to visit the coast for a zone activity. Pretty cool. 

Something we struggled with this week is getting our investigators to church. You have to ask yourself what’s not to like about the true church of Christ restored on the Earth? jaja. But seriously church is one of the most important things, because investigators wont progress as fast with out going. It’s frustrating sometimes when investigators don’t keep their compromisos.

I love speaking another language but every once in a while I will be just talking and all the sudden I will totally forget the word I’m trying to say. I’m going to speak such bad Spanish when I get home. The Chileans have horrible grammar and use weird slang that no one else understands jaja. After the mission I will travel to Mexico or something and they will look at me weird cause I’m a gringo who talks like a Chilean.

To answer some questions: they do have Halloween here, cause they stole it from the US haha so this season there is the 18th (Independence day), Halloween, Christmas and New Year. 

Anyway thanks for everything, love you all!

P.S. I know Nate’s in the MTC now. Crazy. ... I better write that kid.


J&R- If you keep Tolbert, I will fix that sucker up. Unless you can sell it for a good amount, haha. then you could use the money to by a new bike.





















No comments:

Post a Comment