Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Friday, September 6, 2013

An instrument in the Lord's hands

The mission is crazy. It’s full of good days and bad ones. This week went well, Felipe just got confirmed a member yesterday, and his dad is showing more interest in the church. We are planning on putting a fecha with him this week. There are some things that happen that just make you sad, for example the other day we were walking to a lesson and there was a little girl playing by the fence of her house (like 3 or 4 years old). As we were passing by she looked at us and said "Ustedes son mentirosos" (you guys are liars). We stopped and asked her why?  She said, "I don’t know, but my dad told me you guys are liars." That just about killed me. But it’s all right. The blessings, and the happy moments outweigh the bad ones by a lot. While studying I came across a scripture that I really like. Probably one of my new favs, it says, " I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." (Alma 29:9) It made me realize that this really is my calling. That perhaps I can be an instrument in the hands of the Lord and lead people to true happiness and peace that only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring. I have a testimony that I am literally working shoulder to shoulder with the Lord so I can bring people back to him. "For behold, this is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." My work and the Lord’s work is the same. I love all of you. 

Con Amor,
Elder Kennedy

P.S. Thanks for keeping me updated on world events. It is super crazy what’s going on, especially in Syria. This is a scary time. But at the same time, I’m pretty sure this is all prophesied in the scriptures. #secondcoming

Mom- Thanks for sending that spiritual message on Grace. That is exactly what the gospel is. We aren’t expected to be perfect, but we are expected to try and to better ourselves.

Pat- Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. HA sorry it’s a day late, but that’s P-day for ya. How does it feel do be in your thirties? haha anyway bro, I love you. I hope all is well with Misty and the kids. You’re a boss man.

No comments:

Post a Comment