Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sept 11...crazy day in Chile

It’s good to here from all of you. I’m glad everything is going well. Renee thanks for sending Eric's email. It’s been a while since I've heard how he's doing. 
This week we are gonna lose a ton of time and it’s kinda sad. Tomorrow is zone conference so we have a meeting from 3:30 to 6. Then we have until 8 to work (2 hours) because we have to be back in the pención because Sept 11 is the 40th anniversary of the Golpe de Estado. And what’s worse than that, we can’t leave at all on Wednesday because it is too dangerous. We are going to be locked in the pención from 8 o’clock Tuesday until 11:30 Thursday morning. Well on the bright side we will have a lot of time to study... 

It's kind of a bummer we can’t leave. I want to visit our investigators. They are progressing well but a lot of them still need a lot of help.

I will tell you all what I know, and the understanding I have gained through my own experiences on the mission so far. I have seen what the world offers, (you see a lot of it in high school) and those things can be fun, or you think they are fun. But I look back on those times when I wasn’t as diligent in living the gospel as I should have been and realize I was an idiot. Because I thought I was happy. What I know now is those things cannot bring happiness in this life. I know that the gospel is happiness. I know now that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is the only way we can be happy. And I want all of you to be happy and I know that if you really want happiness you have to live The Gospel that our Heavenly father gave us so that we can be happy. I know it’s the only way. 

Anyway thanks for all your love and support, I love you all. 

Love, 


Elder Kennedy, junior


P.S. In case any of you need my address, here it is: 

Mision Chile Santiago Oeste
Av. pajaritos 1921 
Casilla 149 Maipú Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment