Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Importance of working together!


¡UF! What a long week! A lot of our investigators stopped answering the doors when we visit. And our barrio isn´t functioning bien porque no hay communicación entre nosotros y el obispo, porque no tenemos un lider missional porque él es menos activo, y nuestro obispo está tan ocupado porque el tiene dos trabajos y el está estudiando también. Lo siento, I just realized I wrote that in Spanish. Anyway we are working really hard still trying to make up for the ward not helping us. The thing about Chile is the church is a lot younger here, so the miembros here don’t realize how much stronger the church would be if we all worked together. We have been trying to set up a noche de hogar every week for the members. We started this when I got here, with the hope that they would be self-sufficient by now. But they aren’t yet and the members here just don’t understand the importancia of giving references because the church is so young here none of the members have seen how much that helps the missionaries and strengthens the ward. They don’t know this, because the few members we have that served a mission served here in Chile so they didn’t receive referencias tampoco. 

Anyway enough ranting haha. I am enjoying my mission it is awesome. The people here are really awesome but its a little sad because the members here just don’t have the vision of how much greater they can be by helping us. But it’s ok, my companion and I are praying very hard and I know the Lord will help us. Anyway, Thanks Renée for sending the package! I’m excited for it :). I’m sorry you’re not feeling good Joe! You’re working really hard man! Wow! That's crazy about the youth getting family history callings. What an awesome expierence for them.

It’s been raining off and on here. I swear it’s just like San Diego. It will be hot one day the next cold and raining. Hot days cold nights, everything is the same. Anyway I’m having a blast here, enserio. This has already been the coolest experience of my life and ive only been out here in the field for 2 months. HA sorry for all the Spanglish, I have a little headache. haha Love you guys 

Chao,
Elder Kennedy the younger

Renee- Congrats on the calling to be the sunbeams teacher! Sounds awesome! Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment