Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, May 6, 2013

Hot and Cold


Hey All!

Its starting to cool down a little bit here. It gets pretty cold at night, and it's starting to rain somedays. But the weather is bipolar just like San Diego. It will be hot at the begining of the day and then bitter cold and raining toward the end. It makes it hard for us to decide if we should wear suits, long sleeve or short sleeve shirts. But its nothing compared to the flooded streets Eric has.

We had a good week, we have a few good progressing investigators. Like Jorge, he loves to read the Book of Mormon and is almost done with the book of Alma! My companion and I hope to set a fecha (date) with him on our next visit. 

A funny thing that happend this week is my companion and I were walking toward our next city in a pretty sketchy area of our sector when a woman walked up and stopped right in front of us. So we started talking to her trying to see if she was interested in our message. Turns out she wasn't, she was just a prostitute. So we contiued walking only to see a man on some form of drug in the middle of the street with nothing in his hads but pretending he was in a battle shooting a rocket launcher. Being very careful not to let this mans "Rockets" hit us we kept walking up the street only see a Beracho, or a drunkard face plant cause he took a bad step off a curb. 

Needless to saw it was an interesting neighborhood our investigators live in.
Anyway, I´m glad to be here in Chile. It is an awesome experience to serve my Lord. Thanks for all your prayers and Love for me. I Love you.
Elder Kennedy

Mom-Happy Mother´s Day next week. I miss you and love you. And yes the shoes did come. Thank you and Renee so much. And I think I will Skype Sunday at about 4:30 or 5 my time which is like 12:30 1 your time. I hope that works and doesn't conflict with Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment