Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Week two of this transfer

Hello Family and Friends!

I can't believe how quickly time passes by. Elder Lythgoe and his family came here to Ochagavía to say goodbye to us this week before heading back home to San Diego... crazy.

But anyway, we are working a ton and are really seeing fruits. We have a lot of potential baptisms and we are getting exited for them. The one that needs the most help right now is Matias. He is the son of a menos (less) active family that we are bringing back. The father is a recovering alcoholic, but he wants to be the one to baptize his son. So we are in the process of helping them return to the church, and to take the required steps to be worthy to baptize him. 

Elder Stout is a machine. We our doing a lot of good things here. Recently we were able to bring an inactive member of over 20 years back to church. It was incredible, because afterwards she told us that she had thought that everyone had forgotten about her, but when she came to church and saw that many of her old friends came and talked to her she felt way better. We are also working with her husband and children who are not members. I think now that she had such a good experience at church it will be a lot easier for her husband to go. I love seeing things like that. I love seeing that light in a person when they accept the gospel in their lives. 

I am so fortunate to be here. This mission is changing my life. My testimony has increased so much, and my conversion is being made more firm. I love this gospel so much. It really is a light in our lives. 

Love,
Elder Ian Kennedy


Currently my favorite scripture is: Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment