Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Thursday, August 28, 2014

written on Monday August 18th

Familia!

OchagavĂ­a is the miracle zone. I love being here. This past week we were able to raise the attendence again. We are up to 105 now!!! It's so awesome. We have been finding families and we are bringing them to church. The other day we saw a man painting a wall and we asked if we could share with him. He imediately stopped painting and walked us to his house, where we met his family. His name is Alex, and he lives with his two kids: Justin and Sofia. He is really humble, and at the end of the lesson he agreed to come to church and said, "God really knows exactly when to send the blessings."

We are seeing lot's of success working with "El Rescate" and finding the in-actives and bringing them back to the fold. This past week we invited Gabriel Herrera, a man who has been inactive for over 15 years, to come back to church this week. We also left him wth a small asignment to talk about the gospel at least once a week with his family who are non-members. He really has felt the Spirit again and he is progressing a lot. Please pray for him, his pareja Rosa, and his daughter Daniela. They are a really good family, Gabriel and Rosa just have to get married. 

On friday we had a Noche de Talentos (talent show). It was a huge success. It seemed like we had more less-active members participate than actives. Juan Carlos Bugueño, the recently returned member planned the whole thing. He called on all less active members to help him plan and put together the activity which was very successful. By doing so he gave those members a feeling of belonging and importance. What a miracle.

I Love this work. I love being here in the mission. I really wouldn't rather be anywhere else. I am learning so much. I can really feel the blessings that are received from serving the Lord. 

Love,
Elder Ian Kennedy

Taken right before the 18 month burning of my pants.



No comments:

Post a Comment