Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Being a missionary is the best thing

Hey all!

So this week I had two puking stories. 1: My companion and I were walking down the street and this guy walking in front of us stepped in dog poop, looked at his shoe and threw up right there on the floor jaja we didn’t know what to do but man but it was funny.
The second was and this less active member named Juan Carlos. He went in the fridge to get a drink and saw a bottle of juice. However his wife used that bottle to store the extra frying oil, jaja he drank a sip and realized what it was and threw up all over his kitchen floor. Chile man it’s soo awesome.

I want you all to know that I do love this area despite the fact it is ghetto. I mean there are drug dealers on the corner, gunshots at 3 a.m., people trying to break in to our house when we aren’t home (thanks to our neighbors they didn’t’ succeed). It’s just a really poor part of Santiago. But my companion is good. He is 19 and is just about to complete 9 months out in the mission.

Someone asked me when I was training if I liked it. My response was: You really learn a lot. Because you have to help someone else, and they say the best way to learn is to teach. Also the greenie power that they have, that’s a plus too. Also, it really helps you to rely on the Lord, and not in your own abilities as a missionary... I don’t know. It’s just really cool.

Moving on....well, what an exiting week we had. 95 attending church this week in total. So we are happy about that. We are still augmenting the attendance, and trying to bring many less active members back. It’s really the most awesome thing, being a missionary. I am learning so much. It’s so cool to be able to help other people to receive so many blessings in their life.

I just got an email from my convert Sergio in San Antonio who informed me that he and his wife Violeta are planning to go to the temple at the end of September to get sealed! I can’t believe it. I am so exited for them. I cant express the amount of joy there is in being a part of someone’s conversion and then hearing that they are going to the temple to be sealed to receive the fullness of the blessings of the gospel. I am so happy for them. I know that the Lord loves them so much for taking this decision. 

I know that this gospel is the only true gospel on the earth today. I know it has been restored, and it is actually directed by a prophet of God who possesses all the Priesthood keys needed for our salvation. I know these things because the Holy Ghost, which testifies of truth, has revealed this to me. I have received many blessings from this knowledge and I know that all can receive these blessings if they will live the true teachings of Jesus Christ. 

Love,

Elder Ian Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment