Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Glad to still be here

My Family!

Wow, that transfer flew by! The transfers didn't really affect us in the ward. The four of us, Elder Goates, Elder Perugorría, Elder Stout, and I are still here in Villa Sur. Though, there was a change with the Elder's from Buenaventura, (the elders we live with). Elder Dorcheus was changed out and replaced by Elder Martinez who is now companions with Elder Keddington. Also this week the changes meeting was the saddest one I have ever seen. It really was different. Instead of having all the "Go-Homers" give their testimony, they prepared a video with interviews, photos, and videos of all of them. Then it was followed by a special musical solo of an English/Spanish compilation of the hymn Para siempre Dios esté con vos/God be with you till we meet again. It was sung extremely well by a sister in the mission completely ac cappella. In this group of "Go-Homers" there were a lot of very good missionaries. It was a group full of leaders, among them Elder Stewart, with whom I did my very first division in my mission and who was an Assistant for a long time, five other assistants, among them Elder Lythgoe, with whom I lived in San Antonio for 6 months. There were many other leaders from the mission including all the sisters that started the mission with me. It really was an awesome group of missionaries this change.

But enough about Changes meeting... here in Villa Sur Elder Stout and I have been working very diligently and we are seeing the fruits of our labors, especially with the less active members. We bring a consistent 10-15 people to church every week. It is so cool to be a missionary and help these people remember the Covenants they have made, and also to help those who haven't made them to prepare to do so. Lately we have been focused on families. We are concentrating all of our efforts in finding complete families that can really help edify the church. We have been able to find many, but we hope to find more this week. 

I am so glad to be a missionary. I really am seeing this place turn around. We are seeing SO many miracles here in this mission. This truly is the Lord's work, and I know He is working with us. (Jacob 5: 71-73) HE has called us to work in this late hour, and He really is working with us. And in accordance with our diligence and our obedience to His commandments, we really do see the fruit that comes forth and thrives. 

I love the mission. 

Abrazos,


Élder Ian Kennedy

 Mate station... yumm

  Transfer day with our tiki's. 









No comments:

Post a Comment