Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy late 4th of July!

Hey family!

Well, this week went well. A few crazy things happened. Claudio (one of the dogs that always follows us) got in a huge fight with a German Shepard in the street. Claudio saw the bigger dog messing with some other little dog in the street and charged. Just so you know Claudio is some kinda mix we think Pitbull and weenie dog (Dachshund). Either way, he was way smaller than a German Shepard but he flipped the German Shepard over, and bit it between the arm and the belly. We heard the craziest whimper of defeat from the German Shepard. When Claudio finally let go the German Shepard ran away with its tail between its legs. 

The fourth of July went well. It was a normal day haha all we did was sing the American Hymns in the hymn book and made pancakes jaja. Everything else was normal. That’s awesome that you guys did some cool stuff. I miss Benjammin’s BBQs.

Ja you asked about the weirdest foods I’ve eaten? Jaja well to be honest, nothing super weird just La guatita (cow stomach) haha. It’s super chewy and it’s pretty gross too. But it depends on the person who makes it as well. Either way, I’m not a huge fan. Jaja another is La Prieta (Blood sausage) that one is more popular for Chilean Independence Day (Sept 18) but its pretty gross haha. It’s a sausage that is filled with a dark jelly like liquid; yea you can guess what that is. I also have had ceviche, which is a Peruvian dish with Pulpo (Octopus) it’s kind of like a salad. It wasn’t bad, but I don’t really like seafood so the Octopus part was weird. That’s pretty much it haha like I said, nothing too weird. 

Anyway, we also had a successful week. We found a few new investigators and we are looking forward to helping them progress. Other cool news, Elder Stout and I went to a Consejo de Guerra (War Council), it’s a council every two weeks with President, the Assistants and all the Zone leaders. We were there to give a class about the pilot plan, because we led the mission the week before by having the most less actives with and assignment in the church. Elder Stout and I brought 22. It was really cool. President talked to everyone there about the Zone Ochagavía, and how a year ago it was known to be the worst zone in the mission. As far as attendance to church it was the 2nd worst stake in the whole South America south area. In fact I remember that people used to think Ochagavía was a punishment, like you only got sent there if you did something wrong. But President talked about all the miracles that this zone has seen and now this zone is leading the mission.

I testify that the Lord really can make weak things become strong. If we try our best to do what He asks He will always help with the rest. I know I am in the Lord´s work. I love Him, and I love my calling that He has given me. 

Love you,


Elder Ian Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment