Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hey Hey

Hey Family, 

Super sad to hear about Renee. I hope she's doing all right.

The mission is so awesome! I love this area. It's super ghetto but we are having a lot of success. Elder Stout and I just had the first baptism that this ward has seen in 2 years. Sebastián A. He is the son of an inactive family that we found my second day here in this sector. His dad died about a year ago, so he lives with his mom, his older sister, and younger brother. They are such an awesome family. Marcia (the mom) always tells us how grateful she is for us, and how good she feels for coming back to church. Camila, the daughter, is 19, and we are helping her decide to go on a mission. She says she is seriously thinking about it. I love the mission. It is such a huge blessing to see how the gospel really helps better the lives of those who live it. Since Marcia, Camila, Sebastián, and Martín have been going to church, we have seen a huge difference in their lives; they just glow with the Light of Christ. I love that about the mission, when we see that change that people make, it really helps our testimony grow. "And now behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; Then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that He hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember His merciful arm which He has extended towards me." (Alma 29:10). 

I love being a missionary. I Love to see the people that truly repent and come to the Lord. I believe it is the biggest joy you can feel in this Life.

Con mucho amor y cariño,

Elder Ian Kennedy

P.S. Ouch Sister! I love you, and you are always in my prayers. Get better soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment