Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Movin on up

Hello Family!

I seriously love being here in OchagavĂ­a. We are really starting to see so many miracles in this Zone. It's so awesome. All the missionaries here have so much faith and ánimo. It's so cool to hear all their stories and miracles that the missionaries have seen. 

This week was the first measuring point of the pilot plan here in the mission. The goal was to have church attendance up by at least 20%. Here in Villa Sur our goal was to have attendance up to 75 people. Well, we achieved it and surpassed it! We had an attendance of 90!!!! As a zone, OchagavĂ­a raised the attendance an average of 28% since we started the plan piloto. We are super exited to continue working with this plan. We truly are seeing the fruits of our labor. I know that the Lord truly blesses those who seek diligently to do His will. Thats what I've been learning here in the mission. If we exercise our faith and work to do what the Lord desires of us, He will always bless us. 

I am so blessed to be here in the mission. I truly have learned and grown in a lot of ways. And I still have a whole bunch more to learn. But the more I work, the more I can feel my testimony growing within me. I have seen many people change and grow closer to their Savior. That is seriously the coolest part of being out here, seeing those changes in peoples lives. The more people I see gain a testimony, it really helps strengthen mine. Also, I know that the Book of Mormon is the greatest, most powerful tool the Lord has given us to find true and lasting happiness. READ IT! LIVE IT! It really will bring the blessings. I have seen this book work miracles it the lives of many. But more importantly, I have seen the miracles it has worked in my life.

I love you all. 

Elder Ian Kennedy

P.S. Bummer about Chile. Jaja but it was a way close match!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment