Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, March 3, 2014

Mission Conference, wedding and washing cars

Hey familia and friends!

Time is flying! Its already March! Ahhh. We are prospering here. The district is doing great. The sisters are going to have a wedding for Moises e Isabel who are gonna get baptized the week after they get married. We are so stoked! First baptism here in Los Libertadores for a while.

Elder Larson and I are doing well. We received a reference for a family of 5 with whom we ate lunch on Saturday. Familia Fuica - Sanchez. They lived in the US for 6 years, and moved back to Chile about 5 years ago. They are super open and very loving people. And once again, Jorge Fuentes attended church with his wife Pamela. He is really cool. We have a lot of work to do to prepare him better for baptism though. 1: being he needs to get married to his Pareja, 2: he smokes. Mucha Oración Por Favor. Ruben has been hard to find in the house, because his brother is in the Hospital.

Anyway, we are keeping busy. We had another 4 mission “The 4 Santiago Missions” Conference which Elder David A. Evans of the setenta came and spoke. It was way awesome. He spoke of how we can truly edify the church in Chile. He said that just baptizing doesn’t necessarily build the church. He also talked about helping our converts truly repent before baptism, and for them to read the Book of Mormon as the way to gain their testimony. One thing he said that caught my attention is that, as much as we want to, we cannot save everyone. We have to focus our efforts on specific things so the Lord can help us. After that I pondered and decided what I could focus on. I am going to focus more on families. Completing families where they aren’t all members. Helping member families receive the ordenazas del temple, and helping children of families to prepare for missions. I know the Lord will help as I focus and do his work. I also saw Elder Dirkmaat there again haha crazy he has been out 6 months already. 

Yeah, quick story- Last Saturday we were doing a free car wash at the church, and doing tours of the building with people waiting. It had worked extremely well the previous week. But this day other people came to wash parked cars to try to earn a few pesos. They started getting mad at us for “stealing their customers” and started taking bad about us to everyone, throwing our signs on the floor and everything. It got to the point where no one came to us to get their car washed. So The Zone Leaders called us 4 district leaders, and we discussed the matter. We read, Alma 58:10-13 and prayed. We sent a few people to the street to send people over to the church building. That day we ended up washing over 10 cars, and doing 23 tours of the church. 5 of which have a fecha bautismal. I know The Lord Helps us as we pray for it. Also, I am grateful for the words of Alma and for the Book of Mormon. I love that book! I’ve now read it in Spanish 5 times and I’m on my 6th. If you haven’t read it yet, please do. It literally will change your life. I love you all.
‘Til next week,


Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment