Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Lord is preparing people for us, the trick is finding them.


Hey Family and Friends! 

We are living the missionary life up here. Talking with everyone we see, walking everywhere, and loving every minute of it. We know the Lord is preparing people for us, the trick is finding them. We have invited 9 people to be baptized this week and five said "no", and four said "yes", but would not commit to a date nor come to church this week. 

We are trying to strengthen the members and help them invite their friends to church, or to activities, but we are having very very little success. We are still yet to have any member of the bishopric be present in the activities we as missionaries do every Tuesday. We still aren´t going to give up. We keep doing work, waiting patiently to harvest some of the seeds we have planted here in this sector. I know the Lord will fulfill his promises. If we keep doing everything we can, he will make this ward prosper. We are preparing our sector to receive these blessings. 

I love this work, I know that the Lord is watching our efforts here. I know that He is pleased with our work here. I love this sector, I know that it has a lot of potential. I love the Lord, and I know He has a plan for us, We just have to do all he asks and Hope in faith that the blessings of our diligence will come. I love you all. I am extremely grateful for your support in my work here in the vineyard of the Lord.

Love always,

Elder Ian Kennedy

P.S. Glad the two earthquakes on the west coast weren't too big and they were far away from you. There have also been a couple of temblores here but not as big. The one biggest one we had was a 5.4

No comments:

Post a Comment