Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Another day another Destiny

All right. Here we go starting up change # 3 here in Los Libertadores. I’m still here with Elder Larson, whose Spanish is improving. YAY. We have goals that if either one of us says even one word in English they get punched. So far it is working. Jeje. As far as the district goes, Hermana Vengas had changes, and La Hermana Mena arrived here now. She was in my last zone in San Antonio too. Also Elder Manzano the ZL finished the mish and went home so Elder Caballero arrived here with Elder Moser. Those were the changes to the district. 

We are finding more people. Just the other day we found a menos activo part family. She stopped us and asked for a blessing for her son. So we did that and returned and did a Noche de Hogar with them. Se llaman Alejandra, Isabel, Oscar, Jonathan y Francisca. They are very good, but they have a problem with smoking. So we are helping with that. 

Ok, here is a gnarley story. Walking down the street, we saw this poor old dog with 3 legs walking around. We walked up to pet it, and we looked at its leg and saw that it was not a clean surgically removed cut, with bandages to heal it up or anything. This thing had its leg completely ripped off by something and was still dripping blood. This poor dog sniffed the ground and tried to dig at it, but there was no foot to dig with. Holy moly the things that you see in the street.

Anyway. I’m stoked to start a new change. I know we will have success.

Love,

Elder Kennedy 

No comments:

Post a Comment