Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The mission experience:

Another successful week. We are working really hard, and that’s how we know it’s successful. We are still really struggling to find people to teach, but we are being obedient and we trust in the Lords promises that he will give us success. It’s funny to me that even on days where you don’t have many lessons, or everyone rejects you, you can still feel happy and successful. I think that’s one of the main reasons I love being a missionary. The Lord knows I am here in His vineyard, and He knows that I am working as hard as I can. And He blesses me for my efforts to do His will. I can feel those blessings everyday. He blesses me with strength, energy, happiness, Ánimo and joy. And with those blessings I receive, I am able to keep going. I love this work; I literally would not change this for anything. We have faith that the Lord is preparing more people to receive us and we are looking everywhere for them. But for now the people we have to teach are doing all right. We are working with them, and helping them, but none seem to keep commitments. That always makes us sad, but we never give up hope.

Just a couple of days ago as we were working with the SIMI (the ward list) we were looking at the list of future Elders, and we saw a name, José S., so we went, yelled at the door and someone answered. My comp said, “Hi how are you?” and he said, “Good, we were actually waiting for you. Even if you don’t believe us, we were waiting for you.” He then let us in his house, and told us how literally two minutes before we came, they had been talking about the church and they kind of want to go back, but it has been so long since they had been. That was quite a miracle, because this is a whole family of members, with three people in the house that are potential Priesthood holders. That was our miracle of the week. We know that the Lord sent us here to edify His kingdom, and that doesn’t always mean baptize. It can also be helping people who have already made covenants with Him, return to His fold. The Lord knows everything and he knows exactly what we need to do but, we all must be worthy and ready to hear Him and humble enough to follow the directions He gives. That is how we become instruments in His hands. I love the Lord. I want to do His will. And I will always strive to live my life so I can be directed by Him.

Love you all,
Elder Ian James Kennedy

Chile Santiago BEST

No comments:

Post a Comment