Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, April 7, 2014

Chile, Conference and all that Jazz...

Conference was so awesome. I loved the talk by President Uchtdorf about Gratitude. I thought that what he said was key. We must always be grateful to the Lord. We shouldn´t just be grateful to Him when our trials are over, but also while we are fighting to overcome them. I also loved how Elder Bednar talked about us needing the weight of hardships to give us traction to progress. I love Conference! You can feel the power of the testimonies they share. It's like a spiritual buffet. I learned a lot of principles which I am trying to apply to my mission.

We didn't feel the earthquake down here, we are pretty far away, but we have been seeing a lot of temblores. The one up in Iquique was huge. It did a ton of damage. Has it been on the news up there? 

Pretty cool story. There was this English guy that Elder Larson and I contacted once. We offered him a tour of our church building to which he explained that he was Atheist. Any way, we ran into him a bunch of times after that and found out he´s from liverpool. He married a Chilena and they go back and forth between countries. We ran into this guy like 6 times, and I said to Elder Larson "If we run in to this guy one more time we need to get his address and pass by." Surely enough we did, we saw him in a PanaderĂ­a buying bread. We talked to him, he gave us his address and told us to pass by for "some tea" (super british this guy). The address was just out side our sector, so we passed it to the other Elders in Americo Vespucio. This man and his wife have a baptismal fecha for the 26 of this month. Renee's birthday! We were so stoked. I learned that God really does prepare the people even the "atheists." And His promise of putting the prepared people in our path is totally true. 

I am so glad to be a part of this work. I love serving here in Chile. I love the Savior, and I give my testimony that He lives and truly does lead this church. I testify that He speaks today through a modern, living prophet of God. I invite all to get to know the Savior as I have come to know Him.  I know of the blessings that come from being in His true and restored church, and invite all to seek these blessings.

Con amor,
Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment