Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Las Tierras Del Oeste

Here we go, another week of missionary work. I love being here. I have never had to work so hard for seeing such little results. But I know I am doing what the Lord needs me to de here. 

This week I was inspired by the story of Joseph who was sold into Egypt. It is truly an amazing story. He is a faithful servant of God who is put through a lot of trials. He probably didn't know exactly why the Lord had put him in those situations, but he always stayed true to God. Because of his faith, patience, and endurance in his trials, he not only received individual blessings, but his entire family, and all of the house of Israel were saved from the famine. That is super powerful to me. I hope to be as faithful as him when faced with so many trials. 

This week, we found a couple of news: Claudio, his father died about a month ago and he lives with his mom. We also found Mauricio, who lives with his wife. He is a bit of a drinker, but we will help him with that.

I'm still with my same companion and he is doing well. His spanish still not quite there, but the people can understand what he says. The biggest trial is getting him to speak. He almost never speaks in lessons. I literally have to hit his knee or kick his foot or something haha. But it's OK, we are working on it.  

I can't express how much I love it here, and how much I love the mission. I can feel the blessings of the Lord and I am so grateful for all of your prayers. They make a big difference in my life down here. I love you all.

Elder Kennedy

P.S. I'll try to bring my camera next week to send some pictures. Time is flying by so fast. 

I'm glad Renee and Joe are enjoying their new callings. 



No comments:

Post a Comment