Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, March 17, 2014

Last Week of the Change

Well another change past with incredible speed. Elder Larson and I have been working extremely hard. We found a few people to teach this week. YAY. But then we also had to leave a couple for not progressing. We are working sooo hard. We just aren't reaching the people. I'm starting to know how Alma felt when he was rejected in Ammoniah. But I know the Lord still has prepared people here. I love these people, and thats why it's so sad to me when they reject us. The True Gospel Of Jesus Christ is Restored on the Earth, yet the people reject it. The people don't understand, or if they do they under value the eternal importance of that message. But there is really nothing like seeing a person receive this message and change completely because they know it is true. That is what brings me the most joy, and thats what we are looking for here. To be instruments in the hands of the God to bring some soul to repentence; and that is my joy (Alma 29:9). I have a strong testimony of this gospel. And I am so grateful to the Lord to have it, because if I didnt have it I could not possibly struggle this hard and be so happy about it. I know that this Church is true, and it is the only one that has all the necessary ordinances we need to have eternal life. I testify to all that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and His gospel in its fullness has been restored on this earth. We have but to find it, and live it. I love all of you. And I am so grateful for your prayers for me. 

Con amor,

Elder Ian J. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment