Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Summer is ending and we are finding success.

Hey All, 

This week we had more success. People are finally coming from vacation and back to their houses here in Maipú. We have found a few more people to teach. One named Felipe, we found him in a park super sad and depressed because his ex girlfriend of 9 years won’t let him see his daughter. We passed by his house a few days later, and he let us come in and share with him. He prayed for the first time with us, and it was super powerful. We also have a man named Jorge who is the Pareja "boyfriend you live with" of a fairly new convert who just moved in with him named Pamela. Pamela was baptized 8 months ago in a different ward, but just moved in with Jorge, They are both awesome. Jorge attended church and said he liked it a lot. We just have to work on getting them married now. From the other Elders that left the area, we have the Familia Valdivia. They love the Book of Mormon and Rodrigo, the husband, is ripping through it. But they had a bad experience attending church a while ago, so the hardest thing is getting them to come to the Capilla. But they have said they are sure they will get baptized some day.

Irma, is extremely hard to catch while she’s home. She just got a new job and doesn’t come home until late. So we rarely see her. But it seems like she has this Wednesday off so we will go see her.

Ruben and his wife Carmen are doing well, they progress very slowly, but we are helping them little by little by coming to the Noches de hogar that we have in the church every Tuesday. As for Carmen and Luis, they have stopped progressing. But now they are more prepared to receive missionaries in the future. 

My companion is doing well. His Spanish hasn’t improved too much. We try to speak it all the time, but it seems like he forgets what he learns almost immediately. But we are working on that. Anyway haha we are working hard, I feel my testimony grow every day. I love Chile.


Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment