Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Our area doubled

Still here in Los Cerrillos. I'm really starting to like this area. I'm still here with Elder Larson. But we now live alone. They closed the Sector Los Libertadores 3 and took out Elder Despain and Elder Taylor. We absorbed that sector into ours so our sector just more than doubled in size. We are finally starting to find people to teach. We a baptismal fecha with a woman named Irma the other day. It was pretty cool. A few weeks ago while I was doing divisions with Elder Taylor, Elder Larson and Elder Despain contacted this house and met a kid named Tomas. So we passed by a few times but they left on vacation. Well, just a few days ago we were walking down the street, saw light on, contacted it, and Irma let us in right away. We talked a while, shared a scripture about following Christ and invited her to baptism. She accepted. Blessings of diligence. 

The other people we are teaching are doing all right. Carmen and Luis are doing well, they are letting us pass by, but not doing well on the commitment keeping part. Rebun and his family are in the same boat. We are going to be spending the next couple of days passing by for the people in the carpeta de area of the new sector we have and see if anything comes out of that. Im learning a lot of the importance of diligence here. I see how much the Lord blesses us as we keep striving to do His Will even when it is hard. I know that He tests us and gives us trials to see if we will still do His Will even when everything around us fails and gives us every excuse to be slothful. I know that enduring your hardships with patience and hope is what brings the blessings. 

With Love,

Elder Ian Kennedy  


As for pictures, I am sorry. These computers literally do not allow me to send pictures. I cant figure out why. But Im trying I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment