Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, January 6, 2014

trabajamos y trabajamos mas

The title translates to: Work, work and more work. Week one in Los Libertadores went well. We are contacting like crazy to find news. We had one investigator when I arrived, but he is traveling up to the north, and wont be back for a month or so, so our amount of investigatores dropped to Zero. We are contacting a lot. I feel like I’m doing a whitewash here in this sector, But we are enjoying the work. The members here are great, There are a few members that want to help us, but our work with them is not turning up a lot of fruit as far as references go. But Elder Larson and I have found a couple of news contacting that seem to have good potential. Elder Larson is the man. Spanish is really hard for him, but we are practicing a lot to make it better. I’ve already noticed a difference in the past week. We have simple goals, like 5 vocab words a day that he needs to learn and things like that.

As far as being a district leader, it isn’t so bad. It’s helping me grow. For example, I’ve never been to good at preparing talks, let alone classes, and now once a week I have to teach a class. That is hard. Also I’ve never been a very organized guy but I now have to organize plans like divisions, I have to keep track of all the datos of my district, and report on them in liderazgo meetings. The lord is helping me be a better teacher, and a more organized missionary/person. #Ether12:27. Oh and yeah I do have sisters in the district, they are also in my ward. This is the first time in my mish I’ve had sisters in my ward. But they work hard, so I’m happy about that.

This sector has a lot of potential, I’m glad the Lord trusts me enough to work here. I know there are people here ready to receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. And we will find them. I love you all. Thanks for all your love and support. 

Love 

Elder Ian J. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment