Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Heat, transfers and I'm a District Leader. Happy New Year!

Hey!

Well, My time in San Antonio has come to an end. I have left the beautiful coast. It was hard saying good-bye to my son Elder Peel, and also Elder Lopez, and Elder Lythgoe with whom I lived with for 6 months. Super hard that farewell with the ward members too. I got my new assignment, and I am now in none other than dadadadadaadd (drumroll) dadadadada. Santiago :) I’m in the zone Los Cerrillos, sector Los Libertadores. I’m stoked to be working here in Santiago again. 1. My new companion/stepson (cause I’m finishing his training) is Elder Larson from Alaska. He’s got 6 weeks here in the field. I live with all gringos here in my pension, Elder Taylor and his son, Elder Despain, who are both from Utah. I’m glad to be working here in this sector. It seems like a good area. We are gonna be working it hard. Apparently our fountain of investigators is very low, meaning we have one. We are gonna work to find more though. It’s apparently been a while since this ward has had a baptism, so we are gonna change that right around. It’s pretty hot here. Today it’s 38 C which is like high 88F But after 7 months in the coast I cant complain haha. Oh yeah, I got bumped up to district leader too. I take this to mean the Lord needs me to develop leadership qualities, because I don’t feel qualified for the task. But I'll just try as best as I can, I know the Lord will help me. 

I’m stoked to pass New Years here, but we have to be back inside at 8 p.m. tonight cause it gets dangerous out in the streets on new years here. Kinda a bummer. Time is flying super fast. I almost have a year.... NOOO. I still feel like a little greeny, but I’m about half way done.

Anyway, it was good being able to talk to you guys on Christmas. I hope you have a great 2014. Thanks for everything. Love you

Elder Ian J Kennedy


Goodbye to my zone in San Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment