Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Book of Mormon is true!

Hey! 

Another successful week here in San Antonio. Thanksgiving was o.k. haha, we didn't really do much. Here in Chile they don't celebrate it obviously, so we just worked like any other day. I probably would have forgotten about it completely if Elder Lythgoe didn't bust into our room and yell ¡¡¡¡¡¡FELIZ DIA DE GRACIAS!!!!!! haha. We have a ton of fun here in the mission. We work really hard, but we enjoy every moment of it. We are always laughing and having a good time in the pension. Elder Peel and I work extremely well together, I'm pretty sure we rival Alma and Amulek in our companion unity haha. He teaches super well and his spanish is way good. I love training. I feel like I have grown the most training than at any other time so far in the mission. 

We are teaching this family, they are from la iglesia adventista. (7 day advents I think is English, right?) They are a great family. Super kind to us and have no problem listening. But they always try to justify in their minds the reasons why we are wrong, and how the Book of Mormon can't be true. But we got them to promise to pray, and they actually will, so we are going to pass by later in the week. If you can pray for them that they receive their answer, that'd be really helpful. 

I'm loving the mission. This is the best time of my life, and I am growing stronger and drawing nearer to Christ everyday. I know this is the true church and that it has been restored by a Prophet of God. I know that The Book of Mormon is true, and is the evidence that this Church is the only true Church that can bring us to our Heavenly Father again. Anyone that reads it and prays sincerely will receive an answer and know it's true. I invite all to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and I give the promise that if you do so, it will change your life for the better. In the name of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love you all!


P.S. Mom- I'll send some mate home for you to try. It's really bitter, but super good. You're probably gonna want to drink it with sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment