Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

The mission is going great. I'm proud of all my friends that are going out on missions. The mission is absolutely the best decision. 

Luis keeps being a miracle every week. He got confirmed a member yesterday, but what is super cool is- earlier in the week when we passed by, he told us he had a dream that he is going to go on a mission. He has officially made it a goal!!!!!! He also comes to lessons with us to practice and everything!!! My mission will be worth it to me if Luis goes on a mission. 

Elder Peel is a boss. He taught a 15 minute lesson today in front of the zone, (we do our personal and companion studies as a zone on mondays) and his spanish was perfect. You could understand everything he said. Im so lucky to have an awesome companion. We work hard. Daily life in San Antonio is: wake up, do exercises, breakfast, shower, then drink MATE and study. After that we do work and come home tired. Then we plan and drink more mate. We drink a lot of mate in the pension. Oh yeah, there are now 5 of us in the pension. Elder Lythgoe and Elder López just got a new companion. His name is Elder Rodriguez de Antofogasta, Chile. He's a cool guy. It looks like he is only going to be with us till the end of this change which is the 19 of Diciembre. 

Craziness this change. President is cutting the change 2 weeks short so all the people that are going home can go home before christmass and spend it with the family. So this change is only 4 weeks, and then the next change will be 8 weeks long. So some people are going to have changes in 4 weeks, but president also said he isn't going to do a lot of changes because it is lame to have changes 5 days before Christmas. Then go to a ward where you don't know anyone. So what is likely (and I don't want to jinx it) is that the four of us: Elder Lythgoe, Elder López, Elder Peel and I, will all stay together until February!!!! I would be so happy. That would be 6 changes here is San Antonio!!! That would be 5 changes living with Elder Lythgoe haha. He was with me when I burned my tie at 6 months, and we will probably be together when I burn a shirt at 1 year haha. I'm stoked. I hope I get to stay here in San Antonio for that long. That would be awesome. 
Happy Thanksgiving!

Love, 
Elder Kennedy


 Elder López and me- Bistec a lo pobre
Elder pPeel and me eating ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment