Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, January 13, 2014

Vacaciones

Another week has escaped. We have been working way hard here in the hot streets of MaipĂș. We are searching everywhere for people to teach. We spend the majority of the day here in the streets contacting everyone we see. We are keeping a solid upbeat attitude and always enjoying the work. But we are definitely feeling the wrath of the vacation months. In the months of January and February the Chileans have their summer vacaciones. So what happens is the majority of the people here in Santiago travel the the south or the coast to escape the dry heat here. So, we are left here to contact empty houses. But it's all right. The Lord still blesses us for our diligence. 

One hot day while out contacting a block of apartments and not having a lot of success there, we saw a woman outside of her apt smoking a cigarrio. We started to talk to her, and she started yelling at us saying things like "we are wrong" and "sent from the Devil" and a bunch of garbage covered in cuss words. (I was kinda glad Elder Larson didnt understand much of what she said). We stood our ground and testified our message about the restauracion, and of the Savior. I remember feeling a calm peace after we left, and I told Elder Larson we would come back for her another day. So a couple days past and we went back to her house and asked her how she's doing. After talking in her porch for a couple minutes she invited us in. She gave us ice cream and everything super awesome. This is the part about this story that made my week. When her husband came down, she looked at her husband and and said, "hey what do I think of the Mormons?" to which her husband replied and said, "you hate the mormons." She half smiled and said "I know, but I like this one," pointing at me, "Because I can tell he is a son of God." That literally made my day. After that we offered a prayer with them, and they invited us to come back another day. That was my miracle of the week. That comment actually gave us fresh energy, and I felt great. I hope that the spirit will continue to work on them, and prepare them for the gospel. I know that the Lord puts trials in our path to try our faith, but if we are diligent, we will receive blessings. 

Love, 
Elder Kennedy


P.S. I received the packages. Thank you so much! The ties are super awesome. I receive mail on Tuesdays, so i'll always receive my packages and be a week late telling you haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment