Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

3 days until my year mark!

Hey All, 

We are working, and working, seeing few results, but still enjoying it. We have found a couple of people, but not too many. We found this guy named Francisco. He came up to us a few weeks ago, pretty drunk, and started talking to us and told us that he was baptized in the Church, and he is inactive. But he told us to pass by. So we went, but he was never home until earlier last week. It was while I was on divisions with Elder Despain, everything was failing, so I decided we would go see if he was home. When we arrived at his house, we found him in bad shape. He had a friend there who was also trying to help him. His wife and kids had just left him, because he has a drug problem. We prayed with him to help him feel calm. And we read some scriptures with him. He has a lot of interest in changing his life, and to fix everything he has messed up. He has now been clean for 2 weeks, and he is attending Church with us. Only thing is, we can't find his church records either. But he says he was baptized in our church. 

We also have a part member family that just moved into our sector. We have had a couple lessons with them, but they just left to go on vacation to Peru, and wont be back until the end of February. Same with our ward mission leader who left on vacation to the south of Chile. He wont be back until the first week in March. This is a pretty popular occurrence for us. Every time we meet people who have interest, the tell us to come back in March, because they our leaving on vacations. We still keep working though. 

Elder Larson's spanish is progressing very slowly. I try to give him a lot more opportunities to speak in lessons and contacts. We practice it a lot in the house too. We are still being faithful and diligent, and we know that the Lord will bless us with success in this work for that diligence. Thank you for your prayers. 

Love,


Elder Ian Kennedy

Old picture of Elder Peel and me. Taken a few months ago in San Antonio Chile. #Throwback #SanAntonio

No comments:

Post a Comment