Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, April 22, 2013

Promptings of the Spirit


The mission is awesome! I’m trying to work my hardest. And I know the Lord is blessing us. Just the other day we found a family to teach. What happened was my companion and I were walking from a failed city to a less active members house. So on the way there, we called her to make sure it was ok if we stopped by. We were walking through a rich” neighborhood (and by rich I mean it's a 2 story house, mediocre size and the had 2 cars in the drive way). Rich for here. 
While my comp was on the phone I saw the house and I was like, “Wow this is a pretty nice house but just kept walking. Finally my comp got off the phone and said that we couldn’t go over to the member’s house today. So we decided to contact. I got this feeling that we should return back to that big house that I saw. But then I thought “no way! They are rich and rich people don’t usually accept the gospel because they don’t feel like they need it.” But then a memory came back from a teacher I had in Teachers Quorum talking about the gospel and missionary work. He said, The gospel is for everyone, not just the rich and not just the poor. So I said to my companion “lets contact this house.”
We found a family that is so prepared by the Lord, and I have no doubt in my mind that we were meant to find them because of the two failed cities we had and the prompting of the spirit. I love being a missionary. It is awesome. Anyway, I’m glad to hear that everything is going good with everyone. Oh and Happy Birthday this Friday Renee! I hope it’s a good one. Thank you all for your love and support. I Love You All.
Chao,
Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment