Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference and an upcoming Baptism!


Hey, 

So how awesome was conference?! It was so much fun watching it in the "gringo room" in English. There were 6 of us gringos: Elder Johnson, Elder Stewart, Elder Christensen, Elder Burk, Hermana McKarthy and me. All the talks were so awesome, and as a missionary you feel so spiritually fortified because of them. I'm glad you all liked the pictures! No Elder Gonzalez is not my comp. Elder Burk is still my companion but we live with Elder Gonzalez and he likes to be in pictures. That’s why he is in a lot of them. Some of you had some questions about transportation here. The answer is we walk everywhere in our sector (which is relatively small), but if we leave our sector we might take a collectivo which is kind of like a taxi but they only drive in specific routes. There are also the micros, or public bus system that we can use depending on where we need to go. Our other option is the Metro which is the train or subway system, you can get all over the city on this. Collectivos cost 450 pesos per person, which is about a dollar, The micro and the metro you pay with a BIP card. You put money on the card and every time you get on, you beep your card. It is all relatively cheap. I am glad to hear all is well with everyone. Happy 55th Birthday dad! Congrats on graduating Joe! That’s so cool! Sorry I’m gonna miss it bro. But now you get to finally move down to SD! That’s awesome. I’m glad the bikes are good. Ken is awesome for watching out for them.

Down here things are going awesome. We have an investigator named Mario, we found him while we were contacting. He was sitting on the sidewalk reading the bible, we later found out he does that everyday for a few hours. He was a drug addict that wanted to change so he locked himself in his room for a week and did nothing but pray and read the bible the only time he left his room was to eat. He overcame his addiction and he now spends his time helping addicts learn the gospel and over come their addictions through Christ as he did. Also our investigator Juan has his baptism this Saturday. He is super exited and so am I. I love being a missionary. The life is hard but extremely worth it. I love you guys! Thank you for all of your support and love for me. 
Love Elder Kennedy

Renee- thanks for keeping me updated on everyone getting their mission calls. It is so cool to hear where they are all going. I’m so happy for Joe graduating and you two getting to move to heaven ... I mean San Diego finally. That’s so awesome! Anyway thanks sister I love you!

Joe- Thanks for updating me on “your new purchases” Can’t wait to see them. Anyway man, I’m proud of you and I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment