Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, June 2, 2014

Familia mia

We are working hard and getting blessings. We are seeing a lot miracles aqui. The attendence of Sacrament meeting this week was 106! We reached our goal! Now the idea is maintain it. I feel confidant that we can do it. This plan piloto is working really well. I love working with the less active members. I love seeing the progress they make and how many blessings they receive from accepting the gospel again. It really strengthens my testimony. I get to see how quickly the blessings come to these people for obeying the commandments of God. For example: A man named Luis we have been teaching; He is a High Priest and was a temple worker a while back. It had been 5 years since he attended church when we found him. He told us that he went in active because he started working on sunday's and told us he didn't think he'd be able to come back to church. We invited him to read the Book of Mormon again. And when he finally started to do so. We could see the difference it made in him. He could feel the difference too. He is way happier. He and his wife don't fight as much and he just has a different spirit about him. After a couple of weeks, he told us that he got Sunday's off and he and his wife finally came to church yesterday. 

It is amazing to see that the only thing that we need to do to receive more happiness and peace in this life is obey the commandments of God and read the scriptures. Especially the Book of Mormon. That book is the key to happiness. I have seen it change the lives of so many people. I have seen the blessings it can bring into the life of anyone who reads it. More importantly, I have seen these blessings in my own life. I know that if you really want happiness in your life, you must read the book of mormon. I invite all to do so.

Yo amo la misión. Sé que este lugar es precisamente donde el Señor me necesita. He recibido tantas bendiciones por conocer el Evangelio de Jesucristo. Y por eso quiero compartirlo con los demás. Yo amo al Señor y Sé que el también me ama a mi aunque tengo muchas faltas. Invito a todos a que lean El Libro de Mormón.
(I love the mission. I know this place is exactly where the Lord needs me. I have received so many blessings by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. And so I want to share it with others. I love the Lord and I know he also loves me even though I have many faults. I invite everyone to read The Book of Mormon.)

Love, 

Elder Ian James Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment