Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

El Rescate

HEY!

El plan piloto that we have in the mission is working well. We are starting to see a lot of changes and this is only the beginning of the time period. 

To help us be able to do the work that is required of us, the mission has made booklets called "El Rescate" (the rescue). It contains a lot of things that are very useful to help us work with the members in this pilot plan. The Bishop, the President of the Elders Quorum and the Quorum lider de los Sumo Sacerdotes, and the Ward Misión lider have also been given the same book. It explains exactly what each one of them need to do as leaders to help the work progress here under the plan. It also contains the ward lists but broken into parts that make it easier for us to focus on the priorities of the plan. The lists are: Endowed members, Elders, High Priests, future Elders, members who have not served missions that are at the age to do so, late ordenaciones, and some others. It is a very useful tool we have to really establish the church here in Chile. 

I really feel that this pilot plan is exactly what this mission, and Chile needs to grow and fulfill the prophetic promise of Elder Jeffery R. Holland; "That Chile will be so strong in the church that it will become a beacon of righteousness to the the world." That is my vision for Chile too. But to make that happen, we need to strengthen the church here.

In my ward here, we have a total of 986 members according to the ward lists. But unfortunately we have an average of 60 that attend. That means there are more than 900 people that have made covenants with the Lord who are members of His fold, that have lost their way. I know that in order to truly edify the church here in Chile, we must lift these people, help them, so that they return to Christ and receive all the blessings that come from His gospel. This is the way we will edify His kingdom on the earth.

I know that this mission was chosen for this plan and I know that it isn't by coincidence that I have been called to this mission to work in this plan. I know that God has put me in this mission, at this time, with this plan for a purpose. 

I love this mission. I love Chile and all the people in it. I love my Savior and I know that His gospel is here on Earth in its fullness. We are in the last days. The Lord is hastening His work in preparation for His coming. We must prepare ourselves too. I invite all to read The book of Mormon to know the truth of these things for yourselves. 
In the name of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.


Elder Kennedy

 Translation: "We strive everyday to bring the B.O.M to the limit" mas o menos.

The baptism of Santiago y Luisa. They are so awesome. They are axiously waiting 1 year to be able to get sealed in the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment