Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Los Libertadores

Family! 

Lots of changes here in the mission! This week was Changes, and President changed a lot of people. There were 16 white-washes in the mission (that is when both missionaries are taken out of the sector and replaced by two that weren’t there before). Here in my ward Los Libertadores, I was the only one to not have changes. The Sisters left, and so did Elder Larson (my companion). I am now here with my new comp Elder Lizárraga from Argentina. He's cool. We were in the same Zone for a while on the coast, so we already know each other. That’s pretty nice. 

I’m glad the Lord saw it fit to keep me here in this sector. I think that we are going see a lot of miracles here this change. I’ve been planting seeds for a while, and I know that the Lord has prepared families for us. I am striving to be obedient and diligent to find these people, and I know with the Lord’s help we can do it. 

What I'm learning more and more everyday is that this really is the Lords work, and it all depends on His will. But if He commands us to do something, we will always be able to do it; if we are faithful and industrious. I love 1st Nephi Chapter 17 because it is a perfect example of that. Nephi is commanded to build a ship. This was something very difficult that he had never done before. But when he is commanded, He never complains or says, “How will I do that?” Instead he asks where he should go to find ore to make tools to build a ship (1 Nephi 17: 7-10). I love that response. I know what the Lord has commanded. I have heard His call. He has called us to teach the restored gospel, and I know that to find success, I will need to be like Nephi and trust in the Lord. I know that “If God commanded me to do all things, I could do them. If He should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done” (1 Nephi 17:50). I know what the Lord has commanded, and I will do what I need to do to complete it. I love this work. I love Chile.

Con Amor,
Elder Kennedy



I will talk to you all on Saturday for Mothers Day instead of Sunday. Can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment