Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Transfered to La Costa

Hey Everyone!

I just learned that I am being transferred. I don't know where yet or with whom, but I will find out in about an hour because that’s when the 'changes' meeting is. I'll try to let you know as soon as I can. But this means I will probably not be going to Misión Santiago Sur, unless I get transferred from La Cisterna to San Miguel (the neighboring Zone). Those are the only two zones that are being taken from the west and going to the new south mission. I am going to miss the Elders here; Elder Burk, Elder Salines, and Elder Gonzalez. Elder Gonzalez is going back home to Honduras tomorrow and Elder Salines and Burk (my trainer) go home at the end of next change. They are all such awesome Elders and they helped me learn and grow so much. I loved all the elders in my pention and basically all the elders in my zone (I didn’t get to know a couple that well so that’s why I said “basically”). But seriously, I love being on a mission. It is just awesome in every aspect.

The mission is going awesome now that I’ve got my 3 months here in Chile. The language is coming… I can understand what everyone is saying even with their flaite slang. kinda haha. I can understand basically everything and I can say what I need to say in any situation. Basically, I know enough Spanish to learn more Spanish. This is good.

It is so awesome to hear all of the news from you guys. Renée, JF, and Mom, I cant believe you guys are moving to Xana.¡BACÁN! And so soon too! What a blessing, and a good chance to start with a fresh plate. Craziness about Nate trying to leave earlier for his mission. That would be cool if he can. But yes please, I would like the address, and emails of all my friends on missions if possible. Joe, I'm sorry you’re so busy man, but you’re a boss for being such a gnarly breadwinner! Dianna, that’s awesome about trying out Spanish prayers. Spanish is an awesome language and I recommend that all of you learn it. Anyway, I´m loving life and looking forward to this change. It´s a very high possibility my next companion is a Latino. Which means my Spanish will increase even faster. Thank you all for your love and support.

Chao,
Elder Kennedy


A few hours later….

Hey Again,

I have been transferred to La Costa. This means I have been saved from Santiago South. My sector is called San Antonio and my new companion's name is Elder Lopez. He is from Guatemala, and doesn´t speak English. This will help my Spanish progress even more. It is so gorgeous here on the coast! It’s so nice and way calmer than the city. I don’t have druggies cussing me out anymore haha. LIfe is good and I LOVE my mission! And I'm excited to be serving in this area. What an awesome blessing I have, to be able to see the coast of Chile. I am extremely grateful to the Lord for this. And I’m grateful to be able to continue serving in the Chile Santiago BEST Mission. Love you guys.


Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment