Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Loving the Coast

Hey!

The city here is not as Urban as Santiago but still fairly developed, picture Encinitas on the 101 but a little more janky and hilly, also with more houses and shacks. To get here (from Santiago) we took the metro for a while and then took a bus for about an hour and a half. The Coast is awesome! It is way calmer than the busy city of Santiago. I love it. Every time I see the water in my head I sing Let the lower lights be burning... or whatever that hymn is called. Its called Brillan Rayos De Clemencia in Spanish. It’s one of my favorite himnos now. The people here in San Antonio are so awesome and the ward functions way better than my last ward. We have so many lessons with a member present. We have some awesome investigators like Sergio who has a fecha for the 29th of this month! I am super exited for him. He doesn’t know how to read so we are also teaching him that. Renée you had a question about how changes work here. What happens is every time there are changes (every 6 weeks) there is a meeting in Maipú where the office is and they announce who is going where and with whom. Then you find your new companion and go to the sector and do work. You only go if you or your companion is being transferred. Today we went to the beach as a Zone. AWESOME! We took some pictures and stuff. So I´m making this email short so I can send pictures to you guys. Love you,

Chao!
ELDER KENNEDY

A few minutes later….
Well I was gonna send pictures, but is appears the USB ports on this computer are broken ... next week entonces. Anyway, since I can´t send pictures I´ll tell you a funny story. In my last sector Elder Burk and I were leaving an investigators house and we decided to take our jackets off cause it was hot. As we were walking there was a dog that really wanted to play and kept jumping up on our legs. (It was a pretty small dog). Getting annoyed we tried pushing it away but it thought we were playing with it. Anyway, I had the brilliant idea to hit it with my jacket. That was a stupid idea cause the dog caught the jacket in its mouth and tried to play tug-of-war and ripped a hole in the sleeve. The good news is the was the one with a two year guarantee ... I don’t know if the warranty covers dog bites but that would be cool if it did. Anyway there’s the story for the week. 
Love,

Elder Kennedy


Oh Mom- For reals can you check up on the warranty for my missionary mall suit?

No comments:

Post a Comment