Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Working on finding investigators

This week was super easy but that also made it kind of long. We had a ton of meetings to go to this week so that took a lot of our work time. Because of that, we are short on new investigators so our list of people to teach is still super short. But, the investigators we do have are super awesome. We have this guy Juan and his daughter Carla, The Parra family. If I was allowed to pick a favorite family to teach it would be them. They are all so funny and treat us so well. Even little gringo me that doesnt speak very much spanish. But I think I have learned more spanish in their house than anywhere else on the mission. We also have this old Evangelist couple that are super super Evangilist. Like this one time we asked her to pray, (her name is Blanca and she is probably 75 to 80 years old) so she stands up and yells this prayer, and the whole time throughout, the man (Luis) was like "GLORIA A DIOS ... GLORIA A DIOS" and they were waving there arms and getting super into it. Blanca more or less preached a sermon than said a prayer but thats ok. 

There is also this one family we found in the most flaite apartments in our whole area. There were a ton of drunk people and people on drugs, and punk teenagers cussing at us in English. Like it was sketch town, but we felt like we should contact it, so we did and there was only one family that let us in, out of the whole place. Osvaldo and Marta and their two daughters. They are so cool because they are trying to find God in their lives and they recognize how bad things are in the world (especially where they live). Even their teenage daughter knows how bad things are and is trying to do what her Heavenly Father wants, and recognizes how bad and stupid the things are that the world teaches. What awesome parenting right? And she was the one that was particpating the most in our lesson and they all seemed really interested in us. Especially since here we are young men trying to bring the gospel to this "dangerous area" they said. I hope we are able to help them. 

Anyway as for General conference we get awesome special treatment, we go to the stake center like everyone else, but we get to go to what's called the "gringo room" and watch it in English. So thats good. I'll be able to understand it. 

I'm exited for Joe almost being done with school. That's awesome! Work hard! I love all of you and I miss you. But I know this is the place for me right now and I am so grateful for it. Thank you for all of your examples to me. You guys are The Best! 

Con mucho amor, 
Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment