Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Letter # 2 (First real P-day)



Hey Everyone, I am writing one big email to everyone because they limit email time to 30 mins per P-Day and I am a slow typer. My P-Days are on Friday's (this is my first one because we didnt have one the first week.)
Anyway, I love it here! My bunkmates are so funny I love it. The food is pretty good for how many people they need to serve. On wednesday there were 860 new missionaries that reported and next week they expect 1000+. We do have lessons with progressive investigators (we teach the lessons in spanish, and also when our teachers teach they only speak spanish.) But I really love it here.The spirit is so strong. I love my District, they are all super awesome.There are 8 people in my district. My companion Elder W. and I (Elder W. is going to Rancagua, Chile). Elder W. and Elder T.(Elder W. is going to Calgry, Canada and Elder T. is going to Xalapa, Mexico). Hermana M. and Hermana A. (Both are goin to Osurno, Chile). Hermana Mc. and Hermana Mo (Hermana Mc is going to Pocatello, ID and Hermana Mo is going to McAllen, TX.) They are all so great and I know they will be awesome in the feild.

The language is coming along slowly. I understand wayyyyyy more than I can speak. The teachers here are so awesome and the each have a diffrent style of teaching which is cool cause you get a bunch of different perspectives. My teachers are:
Hermano Monroe (who happens to be the older brother of Hermana Monroe. They are from Poway). He always has these awesome spiritual lessons that are super epic. Hermana Ayala is from Guatemala, her and her twin both teach us. Hermana Comacho is from Puerto Rico and is so funny! She makes learning the language super fun and has cool stories about her mission in Oakland.

I ran into Sister Calder and Sister Snow before they left so that was good. I have also seen Elder Meiling And Elder Rice. Elder Rice used to be in my zone, but our zone was so big they split it. But he still has the same schedule so I see him all the time. I have some pictures I hope to be able to send home but there are only a few computors here that can do that and they're always in use (cause theyre in the laundry room.)

Well Im glad all is well with everyone. I love you guys. Vos amo!


P.S. Thank you Joe and Renee for the Step Into the Arena quote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment