Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Elder Kennedy's first letter

Elder Kennedy's P-days are on Fridays. But the first Friday he was in the MTC he didn't get a traditional p-day. We received this letter from Elder Kennedy on Monday (Feb 4th). 


Hola!

My stay here in the MTC (CCM para EspaƱol) has been fun for the most part. There have been many times that it has been hard though. The main things that are hard for me are: The language, which is mainly hard for me because I have to learn all sorts of new words and phrases relating to the gospel. Another thing that is pretty difficult for me is knowing what to study for an investigator. Here in the MTC, we have an investigator that we visit almost everyday. We have to teach her in Spanish. That makes it difficult because even if you know what to say in English, you have to teach in Spanish. My investigator’s name in Heidy. My companion (Elder W) and I have to plan lessons for her everyday. Oh yeah! I was in a trio-companionship but it was split up because we had Elder T transfer into our district. Elder T is so awesome! He is really funny but super sincere and so in tune with the spirit. I love him. 

Anyway, back to Heidy. My companion and I have to prepare lessons for her. The more we do it the easier it gets. But that is only because the spirit helps us. With the help of our teacher we realized why our first lesson didn’t go very well. It is because we were relying too heavily on our own knowledge and not the spirit. But when we went back in, we were able to connect with her better and know what she needed to hear. I’m still not the best at it but I know that if I study while keeping Heidy in mind I will know exactly what to prepare to teach. I know the spirit will guide me but sometimes I draw blanks and I don’t know what to say and that get’s me discouraged, and the more I get discouraged it makes it impossible for the spirit to teach through me. So if you could please pray for me, that I will be able to have faith enough to have the spirit teach through me and that I will know what to study for Heidy. And lastly pray that I will be able to learn Spanish and be blessed con el don de lenguas (the gift of tongues). I know that heavenly father wants me to serve a mission and that he loves me very much. And I know that he will answer our prayers. So please if you could, pray for Heidy and me. I would appreciate it.

Much Love,

Elder Kennedy

P.S. I'm sorry if my letter doesn’t flow well. I’m trying to become a better writer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment