Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, February 25, 2013

Halfway done in the MTC and Zone Leader


Hey,
Sorry, I don't have much time so i'm going to make this short. 
Dad and Dianna- Thanks for looking up the latitudes of Chile for me. It's a comfort knowing the weather is going to be similar to what I am used to in San Diego. From what I understand Chile is in the same time zone as Brazil. I'm not sure if that is true, because it is on the opposite side of the continent. Also, it is so true about the book of Acts. It is a very inspiring example of how the spirit is able to give the gift of tongues to the people who follow Christ.
Renee- Thanks for the updates on where my friends got called to serve.
Mom- I’m so glad to hear that you had a good time in Florida. I did get aunt J's package. That was so nice of her. Also thank you for sending me a copy of Eric’s letter. I'm really glad to see his experiences, because I know I will have similar ones once I'm out in the field. I was jut made a Zone Leader. So that means lots of meetings and interviews with other missionaries. Also I may or may not have misplaced all the numbers for the phone card... so yeah haha. I’m learning more everyday here. But I’m sure it’s going be really hard once I get to Chile because they speak with a very distinct accent. Thank you for all your prayers for me. I hope all is going well. I love you and miss you so much.

Te amo

Here are some pictures from the MTC:

Joe's favorite Statue at the MTC "Anxiously Engaged" two bike missionaries riding on top of the world. 
 The first Missionary of this Dispensation Elder Samuel Smith
 My District on P-Day in the Laundry Room
My district has 8 people in it. Us in our mission clothes from left to right:
Me, My companion Elder W, Hermana A, Hemana M, Elder Wh, Elder T.(super awesome!), Hermana Mc, Hermana Mo.
 My Companion and Me
 Some Elder's from my district and Elder's from the other district. Recognize the one in the middle?  Elder Rice (from back home)
 Here he is with me 
 Recognize these missionaries? Del Mar Stake representing!
 Classic point to where you're serving
 Love these fellow missionaries. 
Having fun at the Provo Temple.




No comments:

Post a Comment