Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Start of week 3 in Republica

Family!

Well Republica is great. Here we are getting ready to start week 3. This sector is way different than any other sector I've seen because there are no houses. It's all buildings, apartments, outlet stores, and Universities. The closest thing we have to houses are these type of buildings that when you enter, they have a long hall with about 10 to 15 small bedrooms in which entire families live. These houses have one common kitchen and 1 or 2 bathrooms. 

The other different part about this sector is that the majority of the people here are foreigners. They are mostly from Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia, but there are people from everywhere. We have Haitian, brazilian, even chinese people here too. Our ward is massive. It's the biggest ward I have seen here in my time in the mission. We have an average church attendance of 230. Out of those 230 about 40 are Chilean. The rest are from other countries. But this ward is not like my other wards, because usually in my other wards we would have like 70 to 100 people attend out of a member list of 1000+. But here we have 230 out of a list of 411. It's really cool to see so many people in a church building. 

The Zone is doing great! We had 2 baptisms this weekend, and we are progressing toward our goal of this month. We have a lot of good Missionaries here, and they all get along, so that's a plus. Being a Zone leader is easier than being a District Leader in my opinion. The one downside is a ZL doesn't get to interact as much with the missionaries. All we do is get reports from the DL's and tell them to help their Districts and how to help their districts. It's a little more hands off. We deal more with graphs and numbers, and report to the Assistants and President. I like it though. It's a lot of fun :P 

Still loving the mission Life. 

Your missionary,
Elder Ian Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment