Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Monday, December 1, 2014

Cambios

Familia, 

Well Elder Harries and I were surprised by a phone call on Saturday in which I was told I have Changes. So I am no longer in my beloved Zone of Ochagavia. Instead they took me out of there and put me in Republica (Santiago Centro) as a Zone Leader. We are in a trio and my other companions are Elder Hatch from Utah and Elder Sanabria from Colombia. I’m pretty exited for this opportunity, although it was hard to say goodbye to all the people in Villa Sur. I hate saying goodbye to people after being in a ward for so long, It’s really hard. Especially Omar and Cony who just received callings. Omar was called as a consejero in the Young Men program, and Cony as a teacher in the Primary. I love them so much and I will miss them and all the members of Villa Sur.

The good news is that it seems to be a really good Zone here in Republica. Out of the 10 zones, Republica, Ochagavia, San Antonio and Melipilla were the only ones to reach the baptism goal, so that’s good. As a mission we reached an all new, never before seen high, of 92 baptisms in one month! The Plan Piloto has really turned out a lot of fruit. Something I forgot to mention last week actually, is that when Elder Nelson came, he looked at the results of the Plan Piloto in our mission (ours being the one that is having the most success) and said that it is no longer the “Pilot Plan,” but THE Plan. So, starting January 2015 the entire area of South America South will be doing the Plan "El Rescate." And it is currently being looked at in Salt Lake to see if it will be an change in the entire Mission department of the Church. 


All I can say is how grateful I am to be here in the mission. I have seen so many miracles. I know that this gospel is true. And I am so very grateful to be able to share it with my brothers and sisters here in Chile. I love it here and never want to leave.

Your missionary, 

Elder Kennedy

President sent this to us. We are so proud of Ian!

No comments:

Post a Comment