Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fastest change (transfer) ever!

Hey Fam!

I’m glad to hear that all is going well with everyone. I’m stoked for all my friends leaving on missions. Time here is flying by so fast. Crazy. I’m learning so much and we are working super hard here! Like I said, weeks are seriously flying by.

I can’t believe we have one more week in the change here. This was by far the fastest change I’ve had so far in the mission. Every change here in the mission I’ve had one of the missionaries I live with “die,” as in, they’ve finished their mission and go back home. But this change I’m going be a little sadder because Elder Cárcamo is going back home. I have learned a ton from him. He is teaching me so much stuff including deeper doctrine.

I think I way way underestimated the importance of the scriptures before the mission. But they are the key to gaining the understanding and knowledge we need to have. I love studying the scriptures. Study time is my favorite part of the day. If you use study time well, it will seriously make a huge difference in your ability to teach. Especially if you study for your investigators! It’s so cool to study and go and teach someone and find that exactly what you studied is what your investigator needed. I testify that studying the scriptures is super important. And I invite all of you to study the scriptures diligentemente. 

We are going to have a baptism this coming Sunday, so please pray for him. His name is Felipe Pontivo. I love you all. 
Chao.


Elder I.J. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment