Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Faith in Him!

Hey everyone, 

I'm super stoked for Reagan and Creed getting their mission calls. How awesome that they are leaving at the same time too! I’m loving the mission. We are working really hard to help our 6 fechas progress. I love teaching. I love helping others to see their potential as children of God. There is really nothing like it. This past week we saw an awesome miracle happen. A few weeks ago a recent convert on our retencion has been having a very hard time financially. The bank was really coming after her because she was behind on her payments. What happened was she let someone borrow a lot of money with the promise that he would pay it back and soon so that she could pay the bank. This person dropped off the face of the earth sadly. She was super low and super depressed because she had no money and the bank was going to come and take all her stuff if she didn’t pay them back. When she was explaining all this with tears in her eyes, my companion asked ¨have you been paying your tithing? ¨ ¨With what money?¨ she replied. She said she barely had enough to buy food because of the debt and they make so little. We explained to her the blessings of tithing and that if she had the faith to pay her tithing she would receive the blessings of the Lord. So, she agreed. After she paid her tithing, this person that she let borrow the money, (her husbands brother) sent a letter with a check for the amount he owed and a note of apology for being late.
We are so happy for her and that she exercised the faith that the Lord needed. I know this gospel is true, and I love it.

With Love,


Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment