Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Crazy news in the US

Hey Guys,

Everything is going well here in Chile. Elder Lopez and I just had a baptism yesterday, Sergio Urquieta. We are extremely happy for him. He has progressed so much, he can now read pretty well, but the small lettering in the Book of Mormon is hard for him to see. So Elder Lopez and I are going to buy him one of those huge books so he can see the letters better. Renée and Joe you guys are awesome. You guys are a perfect example of member missionaries. It's really refreshing to hear your stories about talking with Armando and Lisa, and helping the missionaries in their lessons. I just wish the members down here could do that too. The work would progress so much faster if we had more help from the members.

Chileans actually know a fair amount about the U.S. The news here is like half Chilean and half what’s happening in the states. For the most part the Chileans are about the same as the U.S on the stand for gay marriage, basically all the Christians and some others that are more family oriented don’t like it and other people are ok with it. For example yesterday was the primary elections for the Presidency here and the bishop was telling me that one of the candidates is for gay marriage and the other isn´t. But the one that is for gay marriage destroyed everyone else in her party with votes. It´s a crazy world we live in, we truly are moving in the last days.

An interesting thing was announced this week. We learned that in the year 2014 we are going to get iPads and use them here. How crazy is that! I´m not sure on the details of exactly when we will get them or how restricted they will be (I imagine quite a bit) But I´ll let you know. Yes, our new Mission President -Pres. Barrieros arrived. Tomorrow I get to go meet him because we have interviews with him. Thanks for all your love and support. 

Love you!

Elder Kennedy



No comments:

Post a Comment